Mini Turkey Corndogs with Smoky Ketchup Recipe
Mini Turkey Corndogs with Smoky Ketchup Recipe Instructions
Mini Turkey Corndogs Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup flour, divided
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup milk
- 8 Turkey Hot Dogs (such as Oscar Meyer Selects), quartered
- Canola oil
- Add canola oil to a large skillet to measure an inch deep.
- Heat over medium high heat until the oil comes to 375 degrees F on a thermometer.
- In a medium bowl, whisk 2/3 cup flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder salt and garlic powder until combined
- Whisk in milk and allow the batter to rest for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1/3 cup flour to a small bowl.
- Dredge the hot dog pieces in the flour and add to the cornmeal batter a few at a time.
- Coat evenly and tap off any excess batter.
- Add to the hot oil and cook, turning until all sides are brown.
- Remove to a paper towel lined baking sheet and repeat with the remaining hot dogs.
- Serve immediately.