I don’t know about you, but when I get home from work, the last thing I want to do is to cook an overly complicated meal with a lot of prep work involved. If this sounds like you too, then you’ll love my cousin Stacey’s Cheddar Cheese and Chicken Casserole. It is seriously one of the easiest, no-fail dishes I’ve ever made. Plus, it tastes great!
Another bonus is that it’s perfect for cooking with the kids. My little boys love dumping all the ingredients in the casserole dish.
Cheddar Cheese and Chicken Casserole Recipe Instructions
Cheddar Cheese and Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup bell peppers
- (2) 4 oz. cans of diced green chilies
- 8 oz sour cream
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- Cook rice as directed.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add bell peppers and cook 1 to 2 minutes. Add chicken breasts, cooking each side for 3-5 minutes and seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Cut chicken into small cubes and continue to cook until the pink isn’t visible.
- Combine chicken, rice, bell peppers, green chilies, sour cream and half of cheese in a casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered 25 minutes
- Top with remaining cheese and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes (until cheese is melted).