As summer winds down, the kids go back to school and the fall sports season kicks off. This recipe is a great way to get the ball rolling. Celebrate the approaching season with a warm savory bowl of a variation of the traditional Chex party mix with the a little extra cheeriness in the form of Cheerios.
Cheery Chex Party Mix Recipe Instructions
chex mix recipe
- 1 1/2 cups Corn Chex
- 1 1/2 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 1/2 cups Rice Chex
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup Cheerios
- 1/2 cup bite size pretzels
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large Zakwave bowl mix the cereals, nuts, pretzels and set aside. In a small Zakwave bowl, microwave the butter on high for 20 seconds or until melted. Stir in the seasonings. Pour over the cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered for 2 minutes and stir. Microwave for another minute and stir one more time. Serve immediately in a colorful Zak confetti bowl. Store leftovers in an airtight container.