Some afternoons, you just have to let the breeze in the kitchen, open a bottle of your finest Italian wine (or trader Joe’s 2 buck chuck – no one’s judging), kick up your feet and pretend you’re in Southern Tuscany. Nothing helps capture that Italian countryside feeling quite like fresh bruschetta.
Mediterranean Bruschetta Recipe Instructions
mediterranean bruschetta recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 8 Servings
- 3 medium firm tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 vegan focaccia loaf
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- herbs, for garnish
- Dice tomatoes into small cubes, and place in a bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat, and set aside.
- Slice focaccia loaf into slices as a base for bruschetta. Toast the slices for about 3 minutes or until toasted.
- Brush the freshly hot slices with the garlic.
- Top with the tomato mixture, then balsamic glaze. Serve immediately.
- In a pot over medium high heat, heat all the ingredients and stir. Watch carefully – the glaze should begin to thicken after 5 minutes and you want it thick enough to stick to the back of a spoon, but not to thicken into a glob. It becomes very thick very quickly so watch carefully.
- Once glaze has thickened, remove from heat. Pour over the bruschetta.
- Top with herbs.
- The glaze can be stored in the refrigerator once it has cooled down for at least a month.