Father’s Day is coming and I can think of no better way to celebrate than over good food. Surely he deserves some relaxation and pampering. Nothing says thanks for being a great dad like a homemade meal, so let me suggest this chicken salad. It’s light and fresh and so simple the kids can help!
It’s a healthy twist on your typical mayonnaise-y variety. There’s no mayo here in this paleo version which means it’s perfect for packing in a cooler and heading out for a special Dad’s day. Enjoy the day camping, hiking, fishing or whatever you decide dad might like and top it off with a perfectly healthy and delicious lunch the whole family will enjoy.
Paleo Chicken Salad Recipe Instructions
paleo chicken salad recipe
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 onion peeled and quartered
- 3 avocados, chopped
- 2 limes
- 3/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Place the chicken breasts in a large stock pot with the garlic cloves and onion. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Let simmer for 20 minutes. Make sure chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat and strain water (save the garlic cloves).
- Place the cooked chicken breasts in a large bowl. Using two forks, pull the chicken apart until it’s all shredded.
- Take the garlic cloves you set aside and smash them. They should be very soft and falling apart. The cooked cloves add a nice roasted garlic flavor so don’t skip this step. Add the smashed garlic to the chicken.
- Add the chopped avocado, juice of two limes, cilantro and scallions to the chicken. Stir until completely combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.