Tomato and Peach Salad Recipe
I’ll tell you a secret: I have a pantry of jars, containers, and who-knows-what that I almost never use. I have some vinegars and such that I won’t use more than once a month. But, there are a few things that I always need. I’m talking every day need. These things are olive oil, some sort of salad dressing, and coarse ground pepper. These are just essentials in my kitchen which is why this awesome new kitchen caddy from ZAK is the perfect serving dish for my kitchen.
These days, I like to fill the dressing container with a fresh peach vinaigrette that will go great with any green salad. The vinaigrette starts with a fresh peach. Cut an ‘X’ on the bottom of the peach and dunk it in boiling water for 45 seconds. This will make it really easy to peel.
Then you can rinse the peach under cool water and the skins should just slide off it. Chop up the peach and combine it with the other dressing ingredients in a small food processor.
If you don’t have a food processor, just mash the peach really well so it turns to a pulp and whisk the ingredients together. The finished dressing should be fairly smooth though.
This time of year, it’s hard to beat peaches and tomatoes so it only makes sense that those things go great in a salad together. I keep my slices of peach and tomato pretty large so each person will get big bites of each.You could use almost any green for these salads but I like peppery arugula. Just toss it with some of the peach vinaigrette. It should just coat the arugula. Then divide the greens between plates and top with the other veggies. Drizzle on extra dressing, pinch on some coarse salt, and maybe, if you’re feeling fancy, top it with a little fresh chervil.
This is summer on a plate and you should make it while you can!
Tomato and Peach Salad Recipe Instructions
Fresh Peach and Tomato Salad Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- 1 large heirloom tomato, sliced
- 1 ripe peach, sliced
- 1/4 red onion, sliced thin
- Fresh chervil, garnish
- Coarse Salt
- 1 ripe peach, blanched and peeled
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Big pinch of salt and pepper
- Small pinch red pepper flakes
- For vinaigrette, cut an ???x’ in the bottom of the peach. Dunk it in simmering water for 45 seconds. Then rinse peach under cold water and peel the skin off the peach. Roughly chop the flesh and add it to a small food processor with other dressing ingredients. Pulse until smooth and set aside or transfer to your ZAK salad dressing container.
- Slice tomato, other fresh peach, and red onion. In a medium bowl, add baby arugula and 3 tablespoons of peach vinaigrette. Toss to coat the arugula.
- Divide arugula between plates and top with tomatoes, peaches, red onion, and fresh chervil.
- Top salads with a drizzle of extra dressing and coarse sea salt on top.