Ditch the tortillas for this paleo-approved recipe! Sometimes paleo recipes can use some spicing up (meat and vegetables-again?), and these steak fajita roll-ups are a fun take on an old classic. Plus, they are pretty enough to set out as appetizers for a party!
Steak Fajita Roll-ups Recipe Instructions
Yield: 4 servings
Total Time: 30 minutes
This is the perfect little appetizer OR full-fledged dinner
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 pound thinly sliced sirloin tip steak (carne asada)*
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 colored bell peppers cut into thin strips
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 lime, juiced
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Guacamole for serving, optional
- Prepare the fajitas seasoning mix by stirring to combine all seasoning ingredients and set aside.
- Cut the steak into 2-inch wide by 6-inch long strips.
- Rub the steak strips with some of the prepared seasoning mix and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a grill pan over medium-high heat and add pepper strips and sliced onions to the grill pan; season with salt, pepper, and a sprinkle of the fajitas seasoning mix.
- Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove from heat and let cool for a minute.
- Top each slice of steak with the vegetables; roll up and secure with a toothpick.
- Heat up the grill pan again and add the roll-ups to the pan.
- Cook until browned, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat, remove toothpicks, and transfer to a serving plate.
- Squeeze lime juice over the roll ups and garnish with chopped parsley or cilantro.
- Serve with prepared guacamole.