If you love to green things up a little in honor of St. Paddy’s Day and celebrate that it is almost springtime when the whole world blossoms green, the luck of the Irish is with you. This puppy chow snack is an easy and delicious treat for leprechauns of all ages. You can put it together in ten minutes.
It is easily adaptable to any season or celebration by simply changing the color of the candy melts, the flavor, or the color of the m and ms.
St.Patricks Day Puppy Chow Recipe Instructions
st.patricks day puppy chow recipe
- 5 cups chocolate or Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 bag green candy melts (available at craft stores)
- 1 drop spearmint essential oil (optional)
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 small package Mint Chocolate M & M’s
- Add the Chex cereal to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Pour the candy melts into a Zakwave bowl or microwave-safe bowl and microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until they are melted. Once the candy melts are melted stir in one drop of spearmint essential oil.
- Add the powdered sugar to a ziplock bag and set aside.
- Pour the melted candy melts into the large mixing bowl and mix with the Chex cereal. After the cereal is fully coated, pour the mixture into the ziplock bag containing powdered sugar and seal. Shake the ziplock bag until all of the cereal pieces are covered.