The simple addition of honey to this classic recipe makes this teriyaki chicken dish taste amazingly good! The honey adds a touch of sweetness to the teriyaki which takes the flavors to the next level. Using the slow cooker to prepare teriyaki chicken is the way to go! The ease of a crockpot vastly simplifies the cooking portion of the recipe, and the hours spent cooking makes the chicken extremely tender – it will shred right apart and melt in your mouth!
Slow Cooker Honey Teriyaki Chicken Recipe Instructions
Total Time: 4-5 hour
The flavors in this classic chicken recipe are taken to the next level with the addition of a secret ingredient: honey.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, about 2 pounds
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- Optional garnish: green onions, sesame seeds
- Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray and place the chicken breasts in the bottom. In a small bowl whisk the soy sauce, honey, rice wine vinegar, onion, garlic, pepper and ginger. Pour over the chicken breasts.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 4-5 or until chicken is cooked throughout and shreds easily. Once the chicken is cooked, remove with a slotted spoon and shred on a plate.
- Pour the sauce into a medium sauce pan. In a small bowl, whisk together the water and cornstarch. Slowly whisk into the sauce on medium high heat. Continue to whisk and let it boil until the honey teriyaki sauce starts to thicken. About 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken back to the slow cooker and pour the sauce on top stirring to coat. Serve over rice and garnish if desired.