With summer winding down, there is still time to prepare a yummy lunch, grab a blanket and head out for a picnic. Today I will be sharing a few simple ideas for some picnic food the entire family is bound to enjoy.
Slider sandwiches make great picnic food for kids because they are the perfect size for little hands. Here is an easy recipe for ham and cheese sliders, using fresh mozzarella for the cheese.
Cut some Hawaiian rolls in half and top them with some sliced ham and sliced mozzarella.
Pop them in the toaster oven for a few minutes so the rolls can brown and the cheese can melt a little. You can skip the toaster oven and they would be yummy as well.
While the sliders are warming up, scoop some Greek yogurt into a portable cup and add a layer of sliced strawberries and granola. Add more yogurt and top with more sliced strawberries and granola.
Cover this container and add to your picnic bag with an ice pack.
Wrap up your sliders and place them in your insulated lunch bag along with the yogurt parfait, some beverages and a bag of chips. Enjoy your picnic and the great outdoors!
Picnic Food: Ham and Mozzarella Sliders and Yogurt Parfait Recipe Instructions
Ham and Mozzarella Sliders and Yogurt Parfait Recipe
- Hawaiian Rolls
- Sliced ham
- Fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Greek yogurt
- Strawberries, sliced
- Cut Hawaiian rolls in half.
- Add ham slices to the bottom half of the roll (2-3) slices per roll. Top the ham with a slice of fresh mozzarella.
- Preheat toaster oven to 350 and bake the sliders until the rolls start to brown and the mozzarella starts to melt (about 8 minutes). Keep an eye on them to make sure the rolls don’t burn.
- When the rolls have cooled, wrap in plastic wrap or foil.
- For yogurt parfait – scoop a few spoons of yogurt into a small container and add sliced strawberries and granola. Then add another layer of yogurt and more strawberries and granola.