If your ideal picture of winter involves lots of chocolate, Sinatra records, and cozy sweaters then this recipe is for you! But amidst all the chocolate and Sinatra, there, of course, is the busyness that seems to define the holiday season—we’ve all got places to be and people to see. Sometimes it can be hard to find time between the stressful elements of these months to do everything we actually want to do (like bake incredibly chewy brownies).
No need to fear, intrepid bakers, because we have the perfect recipe for you: it’s moist, chewy, chocolatey, and—bonus!—it’s incredibly easy! Honestly. With just 20 minutes of prep and 20 minutes in the oven, these beauties come out:
Drooling yet? Okay, we’ll stop yammering on and let you get to cooking. Roll up your sleeves and get ready to fully enjoy this holiday season in ooey gooey chocolatey style!
Cut into bars and dust powdered sugar on the top of the brownies. Serve with a side of Sinatra’s rendition of Jingle Bells to really set the mood.
Espresso Brownies Recipe Instructions
espresso brownies recipe
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 10 servings
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons instant espresso
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 3/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar, to dust on after baking
- Preheat the oven to 350º F and grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, butter, instant espresso, and water. Mix well together.
- Stir in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt and stir to combine. The texture should be smooth (and chocolatey—oh, go ahead and dip a spoon in there!).
- Spread the mixture into your baking pan.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until you can stick a toothpick in the center and have it come out clean.
- Cut into bars and dust powdered sugar on the top of the brownies.