This super easy breakfast casserole is a delight to wake up to. Start your day with this flaky, buttery sausage and cheese combination. The sausage provides just enough spice to jumpstart your day. Enjoy this dish with your morning coffee or a cold glass of fresh fruit juice. It literally takes minutes to assemble and less than half an hour to bake. You can hop in the shower and a piping hot breakfast is ready when you are.
Easy Sausage Breakfast Recipe Instructions
easy sausage breakfast recipe
- 2 cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or seamless dough sheets
- 1 pound ground spicy pork sausage
- 1-8 ounce package of cream cheese (softened)
- 2 cups shredded taco blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 °.
- Place one can of refrigerated crescent roll dough or one can of seamless dough sheets in the bottom of an ungreased 9 by 13 inch glass baking pan. Press the dough up about a half inch on the sides of the pan to form a crust.
- Thoroughly cook the pork sausage in a frying pan. Drain the drippings off and discard them. Add the cream cheese to the same pan and melt it into the sausage until the cheese coats the sausage.
- Spoon the sausage cheese mixture over the crust. Sprinkle the shredded taco blend cheese over all.
- Use the second can of dough to form an upper crust over the cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. The crust should be golden brown. Allow the casserole to rest for 15 minutes and before cutting it into small squares.
- Serve on a colorful confetti Zak! plate.