Our National Parks have been preserving our country’s most unique and special places for 100 years now. I just returned from a trip to the Grand Canyon, one of the most remarkable landforms on earth. Besides being part a phenomenal landscape there, we were treated daily to delicious food at the lodge. One of my favorites was a crab dish. I could hardly wait to get home and into the kitchen to make my own variation inspired by my dinner in the Canyon. Zak prep bowls work perfectly to mold this tasty and soothing summer salad. Fresh herbs are the key to crisp, clean flavor. Citrusy goodness permeates the crab with a squeeze of lime juice over all.
Crab Stacks Recipe Instructions
Crab Stacks Recipe
- 16 oz crab meat
- 1 avocado
- 8 oz of your favorite spicy salsa
- 1 ripe tomato
- Fresh cilantro and basil leaves, chopped coarsely
- Olive oil
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Cube the avocado and mix with the salsa. Set aside.
- Chop the tomato and set aside.
- Pack crab meat firmly into the bottom of 6 Zak prep bowls. They should be about one third full.
- Top with the salsa/avocado mixture.
- Add the tomato to the top of each bowl.
- Use half of the herb mix to sprinkle a little over each bowl.
- Put a Zak plate over the top of a bowl and overturn so the crab stack is on the plate with the crab on the top. Do this with each bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil in a circle around each crab stack and sprinkle the remaining herbs in the olive oil.
- Top each stack with a lime wedge to be squeezed as a garnish.