With back to school season in full swing, it’s time to start thinking about ways you can get healthy meals on the table in minutes.
7 Easy Tips for Meal Planning
1. Create a Rotating Meal Plan: Start with a list of family favorites, and fill in the blanks. Use a free meal planning template to create weeks of meals!
2. Prep on the Weekend: Instead of cooking a fresh meal every night, prep meals on the weekend for the whole week. See OnceaMonthMom for ideas.
3. Repurpose Meals: Cook meals that can be repurposed as leftovers like roasting a chicken. Instead of one meal you’ll have chicken, shredded chicken tacos, and chicken soup.
5. Keep it Simple: Simple, easy and affordable. Oatmeal is a healthy option that everyone can add their favorite toppings to. Leftovers are great for lunch. Sandwiches, pasta, and breakfast for dinner make easy dinners.
6. Clean out the Fridge: Before you grocery shop make a meal of all the stuff in the fridge that needs to get used up. It’s a fun way to have less waste.
7. Have a Two Bite Rule: Encourage kids to eat a variety of foods by having a two bite rule. That way you know they won’t starve, and they will learn to try new foods.
What advice do you have for making meal planning easy?