When we heard that you can make bread out of ice cream and flour, we knew that we had to try it out. This recipe is actually as easy as it sounds: 2 pints of ice cream, 1 1/2 cups of self-rising flour, one loaf of delicious bread. Sounds like a hit! We let the ice cream sit out for a bit to let it soften so that when we beat in the flour it would be easier to mix together. This is also a good time to take a spoonful of ice cream before it becomes delicious bread! We would also understand if you don’t make it past this step…
Two-Step Ice Cream Bread Recipe Instructions
two-step ice cream bread
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Yield: 10 Servings
What you’ll need:
- 2 pints ice cream (any flavour, we used Rocky Road though for optimal chocolate gooiness)
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the ice cream and flour together. Mix until a batter has formed.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan and bake for about 45 minutes.
- This is not a joke – you are done and now have a loaf of bread from the two ingredients!