Nothing says summer like a speaker blaring into the brilliant sunshine sky for all to hear. Or the windows rolled down and the bass thumping as you cruise the Miracle Mile with your left arm dancing through the wind rushing past.
Of course, for these special moments that define the summertime vibe, not just any songs will do. You have to have that oh-so-quintessential summer playlist that captures the unique feel of the hottest season of the year.
If you’ve yet to tackle this essential summertime endeavor, then there’s no time like the present. You probably already have some ideas from your current list of faves and the latest trends playing on the radio, but summer’s all about having fun and exploring new jams. Here are a few more classic tunes—in no particular order—that might catch your ear.
- Summer of ’69 – Bryan Adams
- Summer Nights – John Travolta/Olivia Newton-John
- School’s Out – Alice Cooper
- Wouldn’t It Be Nice – The Beach Boys
- Anything But Mine – Kenny Chesney
- Drift Away – Uncle Kracker
- Summertime – Bon Jovi
- Summer Breeze – Seals & Croft
- Conga – Gloria Estefan
- Rhythm of the Night – DeBarge
- Summertime – Kenny Chesney
- Dancing in the Street – Van Halen (or the original classic by Martha & the Vandellas)
Oh, and don’t forget your speaker to share the tunes—our zak!play water bottles and tumblers have a Bluetooth speaker built into the base, so that’s one less thing to carry along when you’re heading out for that summer adventure.