With the texture of a summer smoothy, this simple savory soup is the perfect way to celebrate autumn. Combine it with a salad or sandwich and enjoy a cheerful, bright midday meal. Its rich, creamy pumpkin flavor is achieved with very little prep time.
This recipe can also be made using pureed winter squash. You can add a bit of maple sugar to vary the flavor a bit.
Pumpkin Soup Recipe Instructions
Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- 1 (15 ounce) can of pure pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning or rubbed sage
- 1/2 cup half and half or cream (You may try sour cream also)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, combine the pumpkin and broth. Heat it until it just about boils. It will spatter all over your stove if you bring it to a full boil.
- Stir in the cream, and again heat just until almost boiling. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a garnish of roasted, shelled pumpkin seeds or roasted pecans.