look forward to during the holidays is baking with my sister, Aimee. We plan an entire day where we do nothing but bake, ice and decorate our holiday favorite cookies, candies, bars and treats. The easiest and most decadent candy that we make is an Oreo Truffle. These tasty little bites have been fought over, had numerous co-worker requests and have raised funds during holiday bake sales. At the end of the day, the kitchen is a mess and we are exhausted but feel accomplished as we look over the trays of the beautiful, made with love treats that are going to go to family, friends and co-workers for the holidays.
Oreo Truffles Recipe Instructions
- 1 package of Oreo cookies
- 1 8oz brick of Cream Cheese
- 1 bag of White Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 bag of Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- Let Cream Cheese come to room temperature.
- Grind Oreo Cookies in a food processor until you have a fine crumb.
- Thoroughly combine Cream Cheese and Oreo crumbs to make a sticky, dough-like ball.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper (if you don’t use wax paper, they’ll stick to the pan…USE IT!!).
- Take a small amount of the Oreo “dough” and roll into a ball.
- Continue rolling until all the “dough” is used up.
- Place in the freezer for an hour until frozen.
- After they’re frozen, melt White Chocolate chips in a bowl.
- Coat each Oreo ball in white chocolate and place back on to the wax paper lined baking sheet.
- Melt Semi-sweet chips and use to drizzle across the tops. Store the truffles in the fridge or freezer.
**Try different flavors of Oreos like peanut butter, or mint. Nutter Butters work well with this recipe too!
pecan pie bars
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Cup softened Butter
- 1 – 14oz can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- A pinch of salt
- 1 Package of Heath Toffee Bits
- 1 Cup chopped Pecans
- Combine the flour, powdered sugar, and softened butter to make a coarse meal.
- Press firmly into a 9×13 non-stick pan. Bake for 15 minutes at 350.
- In a large bowl, whip the Egg, Vanilla, and salt until frothy.
- Add in the Sweetened Condensed Milk until combined.
- Stir in the Toffee Bits and Pecans.
- Pour mixture over the crust and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes ???edges will be browned.
- Let cool and place in refrigerator for a couple of hours. Cut into bars. Do not cut until cold – will fall apart if warm.
chocolate covered cherries
- 2 Cups Maraschino Cherries w/Stems
- 1/4 Cup softened Butter
- 1 TBS Corn Syrup
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 TBS Maraschino Cherry Juice
- White or Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- Drain the cherries, reserving the liquid.
- Spread out on a wax-paper lined baking sheet and freeze the cherries.
- For the fondant (this is the soft pink candy that usually turns to liquid around the cherry), combine the Butter, Corn Syrup, Powdered Sugar, and Cherry Juice together until a soft dough comes together.
- The dough should resemble a very soft, malleable play dough.If it’s too sticky, add a bit more Powdered Sugar. If it’s too dry, add a bit more cherry juice.
- Once the cherries are frozen, take a small bit of the fondant and flatten it in your hand.
- Wrap it around the cherry leaving the stem exposed. Place back on baking sheet and freeze again.
- Dunk the frozen cherries in the chocolate of your choice. Be sure that there is NO exposed fondant when you dip the cherries….otherwise, it will seep out.
- Store finished cherries in the fridge or freezer. Cherries will fall apart when warm.