Spring is here and Mother’s Day is right around the corner. There is no better way to say Happy Mother’s Day than with flowers and breakfast in bed. This year, why not combine both of those into one gift and make flower pancakes.
Here is how to make your flower pancake:
1. Mix up your pancake batter
2. Pour a medium sized round pancake in the skillet and cook. Place the cooked pancake on a plate.
3. Slice a strawberry. (Tip: Use an egg slicer to create thin, uniform slices.) Place the strawberry slices on the pancake in a flower petal pattern.
4. Fill in the middle of the flower with blueberries.
5. Slice some green grapes in half lengthwise. Place the grapes on the plate below the pancake to create a stem.
6. Fill a mini condiment bowl with maple syrup and serve on the side.
Don’t forget the tray, fancy napkin, and milk or coffee. This will be sure to brighten your mom’s morning on Mother’s Day.
Mother’s Day Pancakes Recipe Instructions
flower panacakes recipe
Spring is here and Mother’s Day is right around the corner. There is no better way to say Happy Mother’s Day than with flowers and breakfast in bed.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- Toppings-Strawberries, blueberries, grapes, and maple syrup
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat
- Sift together all the dry ingredients in a large bowl – flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Whisk in melted butter, egg, and milk until combined. Let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Pour pancake batter into hot skillet. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles appear. Flip and cook until golden.
- Top pancake with berries in a flower pattern. Place grapes on the plate in a flower stem pattern. Serve with maple syrup on the side.