These mini deep dish pizzas are surprisingly easy to make and taste delicious. The secret is crescent roll dough which you can use to make a lot more than crescent rolls. The wonderful thing about these little pizzas is that they are the perfect size for kids or for an adult who is watching their portions.
Open up the tube of crescent dough and unroll it. The dough is actually comprised of two large rectangles that have been perforated into triangles. Separate the large rectangles of dough and push down the dough where the triangles connect. You will get 2 large rectangles from a tube of dough and be able to make 8 pizzas from it.
Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Press each of the dough pieces into your muffin cup. You will need to mold it to fit the cup.Make sure you seal the bottom of the dough so sauce will not drip out.
Mini Deep Dish Pizzas Recipe Instructions
mini deep dish pizzas recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 13-15 minutes
Yield: 8 mini deep dish pizzas
- Tube of refrigerated cresent roll dough
- 1 cup Tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarells
- 8 slices pepperoni
- 1/2 cup copped bell peppers
- 1/8 cup cut basil (optional)
- Preheat the oven the 375 degrees.
- Unroll crescent dough, separate it into two large rectangles, and press it together at the perforations.
- Cut each rectangle into 4 equal pieces.
- Spray your muffin tin with nonstick spray and press the dough into the muffin cup, molding it to fit the cup.
- Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of sauce to each muffin cup making sure to get some on the side of the dough as well.
- Sprinkle some mozzarella into each cup. How much cheese you use will depend on how cheesy you want your pizza.
- Cut your pepperoni slices in smaller pieces and divide among your pizzas.
- Add the chopped peppers and basil.
- Top with a little more shredded mozzarella and sauce.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 13-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the edges have browned.