Want yummy donuts without all the hassle? Well we’ve got a solution for you – these simple and delicious donuts are made using canned biscuits for an easy way to enjoy your favorite guilty pleasure.
We used the holes from our biscuits to make doughnut holes and flipped them over in the oil safely using our Heat Resistant Tongs.
We made a cinnamon-sugar topping for some of our donuts.
After the donuts and chocolate glaze were prepared, we used Zak’s Condiment Caddy and Stacky Dessert Spoons to decorate our doughnuts.
Voila – from biscuit to doughnut in no time! Here we use Confetti Serving Trays and Moso Bamboo Serving Trays to display our delicious creations.
Oh-So-Easy Chocolate Donut Recipe Instructions
oh-so-easy chocolate donut recipe
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 10 servings
- 1 can refrigerated buttermil biscuits
- 1 container chocolate frosting
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits; flatten each biscuit with the palm of your hand. With a small cup or cookie cutter, cut a hole in the centre of each biscuit.
- In a skillet, heat 2 inches of oil over medium-high heat. Carefully fry biscuits until golden brown. With tongs, remove from oil and place on paper towels to cool.
- In a microwavable bowl, microwave frosting on high for 15 to 30 seconds. Stir; if frosting is not completely melted, microwave and stir in 10-second increments until smooth.
- Dip one side of each doughnut into the chocolate glaze and decorate with sprinkles.
- Doughnuts can also be coated with cinnamon-sugar topping – simply combine equal amounts of cinnamon and sugar in a bowl and roll the doughnuts in the mixture until evenly coated.