This cheesy and garlicky recipe only needs four main ingredients, that are often on hand! If you want to double the batch, this recipe is great for leftovers and weekly meal prep! This meal can easily be Paleo/ Whole 30-compliant as well, if you simply omit the cheese.
Cheesy Potato Casserole Recipe Instructions
This hearty meal requires merely four main ingredients. Sometimes the best recipes are the simplest!
- 3 lbs baby red potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 lbs. Ground beef, grassfed organic
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- Cheese, shredded (omit for Whole 30)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lightly grease an 11 x 7-inch baking pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown ground beef, onion, and garlic, then drain
- Fill a large pot with the potatoes and cover potatoes with salted warm water. Bring to a boil then cook at a low boil for 8-12 min depending on size of potatoes (they should be nearly done and should be fairly easy to pierce with a fork) Drain well.
- Combine potatoes, beef mixture and coconut milk in prepared baking dish.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in pre-heated oven.
- Check for potato doneness in center of casserole after 30 minutes. May be cooked up to an additional 30 minutes, until potatoes are soft.
- Remove aluminum foil, sprinkle cheese on top, place back in oven at 425 F to cook for another 10- 20 minutes, until top is crispy/ cheese melts.
- Remove from the oven and let casserole stand for about 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!