Ok. I know. Candy salad is an oxymoron. Salad is typically healthy and candy is, well, candy. But, it’s Halloween and grown men dress like cheerleaders and everybody let’s their kids prowl around at night. So given the situation, we can absolutely make a salad out of candy.
But, using all candy for a treat mix is a bit overkill if you ask me. It would be so sweet! By combining a few sweet treats with a savory, salty baked mix, you’ll have a hard time stopping with this stuff.
This is really easy mix to throw together. To start, preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. and stir together the Chex cereals and pretzels in a large bowl.
Then melt together the butter, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, garlic powder, and seasoned salt and melt it all together in the microwave.
Then drizzle that mixture into the pretzel mixture and spread it out on a baking sheet. Bake that mixture for about 20 minutes, stirring once halfway through. It should be a bit crispy and smell amazing.
Let this cool a bit and then just toss in the chocolate candies and gummies. I listed some amounts in the recipe, but to be honest it’s one of the more flexible recipes in the world. Just toss in whatever you like.
One thing I wouldn’t add to the salad is any kind of chocolate that isn’t coated as it will melt and just create an unappealing mess.
There you have it! The 100% guaranteed way to make sure your kids eat salad.
Candy Salad Recipe Instructions
Candy Salad Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 3 cups corn Chex
- 3 cups whole wheat Chex
- 3 cups pretzel sticks
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 cups MandM candies
- 2 cups gummy candies
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Combine butter, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, garlic powder, and seasoned salt in a small bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds until garlic is melted.
- In a large bowl, toss together Chex cereals and pretzel sticks. Drizzle in butter seasoning and toss to combine.
- Lay out the mix on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Let that mixture cool slightly and then toss with chocolate and gummy candies.
- You can either serve this in a huge bowl or split it up into smaller bags for people