We know you won’t trust us when we tell you that this pizza alternative is healthy and good. But we really want you to trust us — because it’s surprisingly amazing. The cauliflower and eggplant crust actually tastes like a — you know — crust and the spicy sweet potato mash on top makes for mouthwatering bite after mouthwatering bite. Just… Make it for yourself and see why we’re raving.
healthy pizza recipe instructions
We’re not kidding: with a cauliflower and eggplant crust and a rainbow of veggies on top, it’s a slice you won’t feel any guilt about!
- 1 cup cauliflower, riced
- 1 cup eggplant, riced
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- A handful spinach
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 3 jalapeños, chopped
- 1/4 eggplant, sliced
- 1/2cup marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Cheese for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Blend the cauliflower and eggplant in a food processor or blender until they have the consistency of rice. Microwave for 4 minutes.
- Place cooked veggies into a medium bowl and mix in egg and cornmeal. Lay out mixture on a nonstick baking pan and flatten into a circular pizza shape, about 1/4″ thick.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, microwave the sweet potatoes for 4 – 5 minutes, or until softened. Mash the potatoes with a fork and add the spices to taste.
- Saute the remaining vegetables.
- Add in the marinara sauce when the vegetables are cooked.
- Serve immediately while hot.
Spread the spicy sweet potato mash on the baked crust and arrange the vegetables on top. Bake for 5 more minutes.