These adorable baby chicks are a festive addition to an Easter brunch or springtime celebration. Parmesan cheese adds a zingy zest to the great flavor of deviled eggs. They provide a fun way to use those hard boiled eggs left behind by the Bunny. Kids can help by mashing the yolks, shaping the egg balls, and inserting the eyes and beaks while you serrate the edges of the whites. What fun to see these cute little cheepers at your breakfast table.
Deviled Egg Chicks Recipe Instructions
deviled egg chicks recipe
- 12 eggs boiled
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup carsely shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Seasoning salt to taste
- 1 carrot
- 1/4 avocado
- Boil eggs.(let them sit in hot water for a couple of extra minutes so the whites will be firm)
- After peeling the eggs, cut a small slice off the bottom off each to flatten it so it will stand.
- Cut the eggs in half and carefully remove the yolks. Set them aside.
- Cut a zig zag pattern around the edge of each egg white half to resemble a cracked shell
- Place the whites with the flat bottoms in each section of your Zak egg serving tray
- Cut the carrot so that you end up with 12 small triangles to use as beaks
- Cut the avocado into 24 pieces to use as eyes
- Mash yolks with a fork and stir in mayonnaise until it is creamy.
- Add seasoning salt to taste..
- Add Parmesan cheese until the mixture becomes firm enough to shape into 1 inch balls by hand
- Place a ball of egg mixture into each white
- Place beaks and eyes in place.
- Top each with its top egg white half.
- You can optionally shred lettuce to resemble grass to display them.