Summer time, super fresh crab, a bit of cocktail sauce on a toasty, buttery sandwich roll. These are the ingredients for a lazy warm afternoon meal on the deck, dock, or beach blanket. Dungeness is my favorite, but any type crab of choice is the star of this tasty treat. Substitute lobster meat for the crab and create the ultimate seafood delight.
A durable melamine Zak plate and tumbler set are a great way to serve this delectable outdoor delicacy. A bright circle of flowers surround your food and a cold, icy glass of green tea sipped through colorful Zak straws make this meal completely fun and festive.
Summer Crab Rolls Recipe Instructions
Summer Crab Rolls Recipe
Yield: 2 sandwiches
- 2 sandwich buns split (whole grain or artisan rolls are my favorites)
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- Cocktail sauce to spread on both halves of each roll
- 8 ounces crab or lobster meat
- Seasoning salt of choice (I use Tony Chachere’s)
- Fresh cilantro and parsley
- 1 lemon
- Melt half of the butter in a cast iron skillet or panini press and toast the split buns.
- Spread the cocktail sauce on the toasted buns.
- Load each bun with seafood meat.
- Drizzle the remaining butter over each sandwich and season with seasoning salt.
- Squeeze lemon juice over each and drop the remaining lemon into your tea.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and parsley.