The clever little leprechauns in your family will be delighted by their luck when you serve these decadent chocolate dipped Saint Patrick’s Day treats. No pot of gold at the end of the rainbow could be better than these tasty s’more leprechaun hats.
St. Patrick’s Day Hats Recipe Instructions
st. patrick’s day hats recipe
- 2 inch round sugar cookies (Keebler Fudge Stripes work well)
- Large marshmallows
- Dark Chocolate Candy Melts (these can be found at cake decorating stores, craft stores, or ordered online) or baking chocolate bars found in the baking aisle of the grocery store.
- Green Candy Melts
- Piece of styrofoam (egg carton, plate or packing cube)
- Green Sprinkles or Cake Sparkles
- Melt dark chocolate candy in the microwave, in 30 second intervals at 50% power. Stir after each heating. Repeat until completely melted. Dip top side of each cookie into chocolate, coating completely. Set on parchment or waxed paper until candy coating is completely set.
- Using a toothpick, dip marshmallow into chocolate and coat the top and sides entirely. Stick the toothpick into the styrofoam to allow the chocolate coating to cool until completely set. Remove the toothpick.
- Melt green candy just as you did the chocolate. Gently dip the uncoated bottom of the marshmallow into the melted green candy, just barely, to create a small band of green.
- Coat green candy band with sprinkles or sparkles.
- Place marshmallow in center of chocolate covered cookie.
- Spoon some of the remaining melted green candy into a piping bag, ziplock bag or squeeze bottle. On the top of each hat, make three small dots of candy in the shape of a triangle. Each dot should be about the size of a chocolate chip. Using a toothpick, swirl the three dots together to form a shamrock shape. Swirl the bottom two dots together first, then the top dot. Pull toothpick straight down to form the stem. Before candy hardens, cover with sprinkles or crushed cake sparkles. Once shamrocks have set up, dust off excess sparkle.
- Your finished treats can be stored for several days in an airtight container, at room temperature.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!