Busy days call for easy suppers and I don’t think supper can get any easier than these delicious Slow Cooker Teriyaki Sliders. Don’t freak out with the addition of crushed pineapple, trust me you don’t want to have these sliders without it. It adds that hint of sweetness that these sandwiches needs and cuts the saltiness of the Teriyaki sauce.
Fill up a big tray with all the sandwich fixin’s and let your family build their own sandwiches. Just think how excited they will be when you show up to the table carrying a big beautiful tray of ingredients!
I made a huge batch of this meat with the intentions of leftovers, but every last piece of chicken was devoured along with all the toppings. There wasn’t even enough left over for my lunch. Consider this your warning that you might consider a double batch if you want leftovers.
Slow Cooker Recipes – Teriyaki Slider Instructions
Slow Cooker Recipes – Teriyaki Sliders
Serving Size 2 sliders
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 – 1 bottle Teriyaki sauce (low sodium preferred)
- 1/2 cup water
- 12 sweet Hawaiian rolls, slider size
- 1 can crushed pineapple, drained well
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 12 lettuce leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken, ½ bottle Teriyaki sauce, and water in slow cooker. Cook for 6-8 hours on low. About 30-60 minutes before serving, remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Add salt and pepper to taste and add additional Teriyaki sauce if needed for flavor. Return to slow cooker until ready to serve. Turn slow cooker to warm setting if available, if not just keep on low.
- Build sliders by placing a piece of lettuce on bottom bun, then a spoonful of meat, topped with some red onion and crushed pineapple.