If you’re anything like me, then you love the convenience of a slow cooker. There’s nothing better than coming home after a busy day to a house that is filled with delicious aroma wafting from your slow cooker. Not to mention the fact that you don’t have to think about anything other than setting the table. My slow cooker definitely gets a workout and this soup is one of the usual suspects that can be found bubbling away. It’s easy to make and the kids (and husband) will think you’re a rock star.
Slow Cooker Creamy Loaded Potato Soup Recipe Instructions
Slow Cooker Creamy Loaded Potato Soup Recipe
Prep Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 7 hours
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 6 slices thick cut bacon, chopped
- 6 medium russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 cups fat free milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 green onions, sliced thin
- Fry bacon in a medium skillet until browned.
- Transfer to a paper towel lined plate with a slotted spoon.
- Add half of the bacon to an empty slow cooker.
- To the slow cooker add the potatoes, broth, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours, or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the milk, flour and sour cream.
- Add to the slow cooker and continue to cook, stirring occasionally for 30 more minutes.
- Lastly add the cheese and the remaining bacon and serve with green onions.