Making meals from scratch can be a tough job, but this easy recipe requires only minimal prep before it goes into the slow cooker, giving you plenty of bang for your buck. With tender, beer-braised meat and hearty vegetables, it’s a one-pot dinner that will fill you up while leaving plenty of leftovers for later.
This slow cooker corned beef creates tender, beer-braised meat and vegetables for an easy one-pot dinner.
Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe Instructions
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 pound small potatoes, halved
- 1 corned beef brisket (about 3 pounds), plus pickling spice packet or 1
- tablespoon pickling spice
- 2 8-ounce beers
- 1/2 head Savoy cabbage, cut into 1½-inch wedges
- In a 5-to-6-quart slow cooker, place the carrots, onion and potatoes. Place corned beef, fat side up, on top of the vegetables and sprinkle with pickling spice. Pour the beers over the vegetables and brisket. Sprinkle with the thyme. Cover and cook on high until corned beef is tender, 5-6 hours or 10-12 hours on low.
- Arrange cabbage over corned beef, cover, and continue cooking until cabbage is tender, 45 min to 1 hour (or 1½ to 2 hours on low).
- Thinly slice the corned beef and serve with the vegetables and cooking liquid.