Pork chops are one of the easiest meals to make. They are family friendly and can be grilled, baked, pan fried, or put in the slow cooker. Nothing goes better with pork chops than applesauce. This is my grown-up answer to applesauce. A mixture of apples and onions with a hint of brown sugar is the perfect accompaniment to these delicious BBQ Pork Chops.
Sweet Apple Onion Topping with Pan Fried Pork Chop Recipes Instruction
Sweet Apple Onion Topping with Pan Fried Pork Chop Recipes
- 8 thin pork chop cutlets
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup jarred BBQ sauce
- 2 apples peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season pork chops lightly with salt and pepper. Coat both sides of pork chops lightly in bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat (use one that is oven safe if you have it). Add the pork chops to pan and cook until they are lightly brown on both sides.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan over medium high heat, add onion and apples. Stir often, until softened (3 to 4 minutes). Add brown sugar and let caramelize for 1-2 minutes.
- When pork chops are done, remove from oven. Top with apple/onion mixture and additional BBQ sauce if desired.