Can you believe that Sunday is St. Patrick’s Day? I love surprising my kids with fun treats for the holiday, in fact these are so easy that the kids could have made them for me.
Give them a fun name and BAM it’s a winner in my house!
If you don’t normally celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, then you are missing it. It’s so much fun and totally a forgotten holiday. We go all out and the kids love being surprised by a fun morning of adventure, tasty treats, and a corned beef supper.
These Mini Leprechaun Sticks are only 4 ingredients!? Start with a plain wafer cookie sandwich and dip in a melted chocolate. Before the chocolate cools, add green sprinkles. Ta Da! Instant treats! Change up the sprinkles and these would be perfect for just about any holiday!
Mini Leprechaun Sticks Recipe Instructions
mini leprechaun sticks
- 1 package mini wafer sandwich cookies, any flavor
- 1 package semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1-2 tablespoons shortening
- festive sprinkles
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate and shortening together for one minute. Stir. Return to microwave in 15 second intervals until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Dip half of each cookie in the chocolate and lay flat on parchment paper. Sprinkle with festive sprinkles before chocolate cools.
- Enjoy with a cup of hot tea or coffee!