Can you put “paleo” and “cheesecake” together? Yes you can, give it a whirl! A crust made of nuts and dates with filling of cashews, and coconut cream make this special cheesecake recipe fit into the paleo category. The recipe will delight your family or dinner party guests as they enjoy the fresh kiwi flavor of paleo cheesecake.
Kiwi Cheesecake – Paleo Diet Idea Recipe
kiwi cheesecake – paleo diet idea
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 hours
For the crust:
- 3/4 cup (100 gr) raw nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts)
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
For the filling:
- 1/2 cup (70 gr) cashews, soaked for 4-8 hours and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups coconut cream (leave a can of full fat coconut milk opened in the fridge overnight and scoop off the top part, this is coconut cream)
- 1/4 cup honey
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Zest of 2 organic lemons
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, liquefied
- Optional: drops of vanilla stevia)
For the topping:
- 2 kiwis, peeled, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- Add nuts and dates to food processor and process.
- Press nut-date mixture into a round 7” pan lined with parchment paper on the bottom.
- Rinse your food processor.
- Place cashews, coconut cream, honey, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla extract, and sea salt in the food processor and blend.
- Add the coconut oil last while the processor is running.
- Puree the mixture a few minutes until the cashews are completely broken down and you get a completely smooth, creamy mixture.
- Taste your “cheese” and add stevia (optional) to suit your tastes.
- Pour filling onto crust.
- Scatter kiwis on top.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours to reach cheesecake consistency.