Here’s a fun twist on a classic lunch. The best part is it’s super quick and easy! Normally a grilled cheese mixed with fruit doesn’t sound great, but the apples add a crisp taste that is delicious and refreshing. The Mickey Mouse plate is great for serving small sides along with this tasty sandwich.This recipe is great for everyone. When I was making them I couldn’t keep my parents out of the kitchen.Be careful with how you arrange the apples, this will make cutting the sandwiches easier. I split the slice of cheese I used into two separate pieces and put cheese on both sides of the apples.
Serve up with two healthy side in the ears of Mickey’s head. My sides were yogurt with fresh berries and carrots.
Grilled Cheese Apple Sandwich Recipe Instructions
grilled cheese apple sandwich recipe
- 2 slices of whole grain cinnamon raisin bread
- 1 slice reduced-fat Swiss Cheese or part skim Swiss Cheese
- 1/4 small apple, cut into thin slices (we used Granny Smith Green Apples)
- 2 tsp light butter or margarine such as “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Spread”
- Heat a large skillet pan over medium-low heat or you can use a heated sandwich maker.
- Slice 1/4 of an apple.
- Now slice it thinner.
- Add the apple slices to your bread and cheese.
- Spread the butter on the outside parts of the sandwich.
- Grill until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted, around 3 minutes per side.
- Serve with two healthy sides.