Looking for a healthy snack for kids who like quesadillas? This is a great snack for kids when they come running into the kitchen hungry from playing outside.
This fairly easy recipe takes about 20-25 minutes depending on how many you are making. I was able to make about 6 quesadillas while being generous on the spread using the exact measurements listed in the ingredients.
There is potential for creativity on this recipe. Using other mixed berries could be great for add-ins depending on what your kids favorites are.
Fruit Quesadilla Recipe
This is a great snack for kids when they come running into the kitchen hungry from playing outside.
- 2 tablespoons Creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons Low-fat cream cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Honey
- 1/4 teaspoons Ground cinnamon
- 4 8 inch whole wheat flour tortillas
- 3 Ripe bananas
- 1 Can Non-stick cooking Spray
- Measure and stir peanut butter, cream cheese, honey and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl.
- Lay tortillas flat and spread around 1 tablespoon of peanut butter/cream cheese mixture over one side of the tortilla
- Cut up some fruit like bananas, apples or strawberries
- Arrange your slices of fruit over your tortilla half and fold the tortilla in half
- Spray medium-sized skillet with non-stick cooking spray and place on medium-high heat and place tortillas in skillet and let it cook 1-2 minutes on each side