What a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth than summer’s fresh fruit. Add the zing of nutty goodness and you have a healthy and super tasty treat. This recipe uses cherries, strawberries, and grapes. Don’t limit yourself because this simple idea can be adapted to almost any fruit available and in season. There are many possible dipping sauces as well. This recipe features honey, strawberry glaze, and marshmallow cream. Think caramel topping, chocolate sauce or even vanilla frosting. So many delicious possibilities! This recipe used pecans, but again let your imagination run…toasted walnut pieces, cookie crumbs, or graham cracker crumbs. Yum!
Fruit Bits Recipe Instructions
Fruit Bites Recipe
- Fresh strawberries, grapes, and cherries
- Strawberry glaze
- Marshmallow cream
- Wash the fruit and dry on a paper towel (wet fruit won’t hold the dipping sauce very well}.
- Insert a toothpick in the fruit (cherry stems work just fine).
- Dip the bottom half of the fruit in the sauce and then dip them into the nut pieces.
- Serve on a colorful and sturdy Zak tray or plate.