This is one of the easiest and most nutritious salads to make. It is a cool and refreshing summer salad. Thanks to the availability of fresh strawberries all year round, it also brings a bit of sunny summertime into dreary winter days.
The base of this salad is superstar spinach which is packed with vitamin A, C, K iron, fiber and more folic acid than most other salad greens. Folic acid helps convert the foods you eat into energy and repairs red blood cells. Spinach with strawberries and feta cheese combine for a refreshing and flavorful warm weather salad. Studies have found that large amounts of the B vitamin, folate, reduce the risk of getting colorectal, ovarian, and breast cancers. It appears to halt DNA changes that trigger runaway cell growth, the main trait of cancer.
You can’t go wrong with this healthy choice of salad to add wholesome greens and fruit to your meal. Zak’s colorful confetti salad bowls are an attractive and striking way to brighten your table.
Fresh Strawberry and Spinach Salad Recipe Instructions
Fresh Strawberry and Spinach Salad Recipe
- Fresh spinach
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 1 small container feta cheese
- 1 small can mandarin oranges
- Other fruit of your choice
- Wash spinach and dry.
- Wash strawberries and quarter.
- Add 1 small can mandarin oranges, drained. (The great thing about this salad is that you can add almost any fruit to add interest – blueberries, raspberries, bananas)
- Add a small container of feta cheese shredded into bite size pieces.
- Serve with balsamic vinegar dressing on the side. Fruity dressings of any sort compliment this salad.