I feel like sometimes when you see a recipe on the Internet that’s labeled as X ingredients, you’ll go on to read the recipe and realize that there are twice as many ingredients.
But, here’s a promise: This recipe actually only has five ingredient. You also almost certainly have all the things you need to make these like, right now.
The only tip I’ll say about these cookies is that it’s a good idea to use creamy peanut butter and also try to find one without a lot of added sugar.
Other than that, any peanut butter will work!
Start the recipe by creaming together the peanut butter and sugar. Then add in the egg, baking soda, and vanilla extract. It might look like the cookie dough is a bit crumbly at this point.
Don’t worry though. If you shape the cookies into balls, they should hold their shape without a problem!
Then just make heaping tablespoon-sized balls with the dough and transfer them to a few baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
Then use a fork to press the balls flat. That’s how you get those signature fork indents in the cookies!
Bake these peanut butter cookies for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees F. When they are done they will be firm around the edges but still slightly soft in the center.
You can eat these warm, but I think they are best after they cool off for a few minutes!
Don’t make cookies too complicated! These have great flavor and are easy to whip up in just a few minutes!
Five Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookie Instructions
five ingredient peanut butter cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 18 cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg, large
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, cream together creamy peanut butter and brown sugar with a hand mixer.
- Add in egg, baking soda, and vanilla extra and mix until combined. Cookie dough might look crumbly, but it should hold together if you press it into a ball..
- Roll cookie dough out into large tablespoon-sized cookies and place on baking sheets.
- Use a fork to press cookies flat.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees F. until cooked but still slightly soft in the center. Let cookies cool before eating.