Zucchini Bread Recipe
A great holiday nostalgic memory for me is Zucchini bread.Growing up, we would bake Zucchini bread as a family, wrap them up in gift wrap and then give them to our neighbors to spread holiday cheer. Although Zucchini is a summery vegetable, they are readily available during the holiday season at your local grocery store.This recipe is a very simple recipe that doesn’t require fancy mixers or crazy ingredients. What I like most about Zucchini bread is that it doesn’t taste like Zucchini at all! This bread comes out very flavorful, moist and delicious. I hope you enjoy this Zucchini bread recipe.
Zucchini Bread Recipe Instructions
zucchini bread recipe
Yield: 2 loaves
- 2 cups of grated zucchini (one zucchini usually works)
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F
- Grease two 8x4 inch loaf pans (you can use non-stick spray to make this process easier).
- Sift your dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and cinnamon) in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix your wet ingredients (eggs, oil, vanilla and sugar) together, mix until smooth
- Mix your dry ingredients with your wet ingredients, then add your grated zucchini (and walnuts) until everything is well combined.
- Divide your batter into two greased loaf pans
- Bake for approx. 40-60 minutes, test with a toothpick by inserting it in the middle of the loaf and seeing if the toothpick comes out clean.