Watermelon Lemonade Recipe
Cool off this Fourth of July with the soothing flavors of watermelon and lemonade combined to quench your thirst and dazzle your mouth with flavor. While the temperatures and fireworks crackle, boom, and sizzle, remain calm and drink this sweet, juicy beverage. Show your patriotic spirit by imbibing from one of Zak’s patriotic red, white and blue stars and stripes tumblers.
Watermelon Lemonade Recipe Instructions
watermelon lemonade recipe
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups water, (you may wish to use frozen lemonade concentrate instead)
- 2 1/2 cups fresh watermelon juice
- 5 or so blueberries
- Sprig of mint for garnish
- Scoop out the contents of a medium-size seedless watermelon.
- Begin adding scoops of watermelon one or two at a time to a blender. Liquify and add more until you have 2 ½ cups of juice.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and combine. (if you use concentrate, dilute it first according to directions and use 2 ½ cups).
- Add the blueberries and mint for garnish.
- Serve with ice.
This post was contributed by Becky Palmer
Becky Palmer, a recently retired teacher, spent 30 years teaching and has a Masters in Education from Gonzaga University. Currently, Becky enjoys time with her 9 grandchildren and lives in Spokane, WA.