The Oscars Caramel Popcorn and Wine Pairing Party
Are you hosting an Oscars viewing party at your place this year? Nothing says ‘Hollywood movies’ like popcorn, and what party is complete without a glass of vino? Pinot Noir is an elegant and versatile choice of wine, and is the perfect pairing to this sweet and buttery caramel popcorn recipe.
the oscars caramel popcorn and wine pairing party instructions
Yield: 10 servings
Total Time: 10 minutes
Are you hosting an Oscars viewing party at your place this year? Try out this wine and caramel popcorn pairing!
- 10 Cups of Popped Popcorn
- 1 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- Pop approximately 10 cups of popcorn.
- Melt 1 cup of butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add 1 cup of brown sugar and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Stirring continuously, bring the butter and sugar mixture up to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the 2 tsp. of vanilla at the 4 minute mark.
- After boiling for 5 minutes, add the 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Drizzle the caramel mixture over the popcorn. Use a spoon to gently fold the popcorn with the mixture until the kernels are all covered.
- Pour the popcorn out onto a cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil or a silpat liner. Allow the Easy Homemade Caramel Corn to cool prior to serving.