Summer Fruit Dessert Skewers
It is the time of year when we celebrate America and the good fortune of living here. It is fun to eat red, white and blue, and there are so many delicious and refreshing fruits and vegetables that go along with this theme. This simple recipe makes use of watermelon stars, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, and goat cheese “marshmallows.” Zak offers serving trays, dinner plates, and tumblers in red, white and blue to enhance your holiday table or barbecue and make entertaining and everyday meals even more exciting and enjoyable.
Summer Fruit Dessert Skewers Recipe Instructions
Summer Fruit Dessert Skewers Recipe
- Seedless watermelon
- Star shaped cookie cutter
- Fresh blueberries, raspberries and strawberries
- Goat or feta cheese. Some people prefer small, fresh
- Bamboo skewers
- Slice the watermelon into quarters.
- Select one quarter and set the rest aside. Slice the quarter into slices about ½ inch thick.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut out as many star shapes as you will need.
- Alternate skewering raspberries and blueberries, and finish with a watermelon star at the top.
- For the additional fruit skewers, begin by shaping about a teaspoon of soft goat cheese into a marshmallow shape or the shape of your choice.
- Alternate strawberries, blueberries, and cheese shapes on the skewer.
- Serve and enjoy the mouthwatering deliciousness of fresh fruit any time of the year.
This post was contributed by Becky Palmer
Becky Palmer, a recently retired teacher, spent 30 years teaching and has a Masters in Education from Gonzaga University. Currently, Becky enjoys time with her 9 grandchildren and lives in Spokane, WA.