Star Wars Day Kale Hummus Recipe
We all know what day it is: May 4th. Most people do not pay much mind to this date, but as any true Star Wars fan knows, this is the day that we wish each other well in harnessing our powers for the good of all space-kind. Indeed, today let us all greet one another as one should most days: “May the fourth be with you”. Get it? It’s like saying, “May the force be with you” but instead of “force”, you say “fourth”. Preeeeeetty clever.
To celebrate, we recommend getting all of your Star Wars fan friends together and making this super simple recipe to use in our super cool chip and dip plate. And… we’re using kale in our recipe. Yes, kale. It seems like kale is everywhere you look – and for a good reason! It is an ultra-good-for-you superfood that actually tastes yummy. We decided to hop on the bandwagon and see just what kale had to offer us – and we are so glad that we did! This garlic kale hummus recipe taught us that food that is good for you can also be fun to eat. It is also a perfect recipe to whip up for parties and celebrations – it’s quick, easy and will turn the whole room into veggie lovers!
Star Wars Day Kale Hummus Recipe Instructions
star wars day kale hummus recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10
Yield: 4 servings
- 7 cloves garlic (we used garlic paste to be speedier)
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup tightly packed kale leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Olive oil for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wrap the cloves of garlic in foil and place in over until soft, about 20 minutes. Peel off the papery skin and add the cloves to a blender or food processor along with remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Serve with the side of your liking or use it on your favorite sandwich or wrap.