Spicy Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Bites Recipe
The holidays are in full swing and it’s probably safe to say we’re all feeling a bit swamped. There’s decorating to be done, gifts to be wrapped, dinners to be served and parties to be planned. No worries. I’m here to help with these simple yet delicious bacon-wrapped chicken bites.
If you are hosting a holiday party or plan on attending one, even if your holiday party is you, by yourself, on the couch watching movies (jealous!), make these. Make these little things and I promise, you will be the winner this holiday season. I know you don’t have the time for anything complicated so I kept it simple here. My friend brought these to a Thanksgiving potluck and because I never shut up about them, she made me more. And now, because I still can’t shut up about them, I’m telling you all about them. Everyone should be eating these. So let’s get to it. Here’s what you do: Slice up some chicken, wrap it up in bacon.
Toss your bites in seasoning in a confetti mixing bowl, and bake! Just like that you’ve gone and won yourself the host of the year award or a guaranteed invite back to whatever party you bring these to.Bonus!
These actually stayed really good left over…all five of them I had left. Did I mention this recipe made 28? But who’s counting? Happy Holidays! Enjoy!
Spicy Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Bites Recipe Instructions
spicy bacon-wrapped chicken bites
- 1lb boneless chicken breasts
- 12 oz sliced bacon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (this gives them a pretty good kick - reduce if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Mine were about an inch. Cut the bacon into thirds length-wise.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar, chili powder, and cayenne pepper. Stir until totally combined.
- Wrap each piece of chicken in one of the slices of bacon and spear with a tooth pic. Toss each wrapped chicken bite in the spice mixture being sure to cover all sides.
- Place on a covered baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes. The bacon should be browned and crisp. Enjoy!
This post was contributed by Make it Naked
Krissy welcomes you to ?Make it Naked? where she?ll be sharing with you her love for real, whole, organic, gluten free good food.