Pumpkin Spice Cake Recipe
‘Pumpkin Spice Everything’ is our motto this fall! Why stop at pumpkin spice lattes when you can bring cake into the mix! And not just any cake - this cake is moist and brimming with pumpkin-y flavor. The cream cheese frosting is delicious, tangy, and perfectly complements the spices in the cake. It’s a quick, simple, one-bowl recipe that is sure to be a crowd-pleaser and become part of your annual baking rotation every autumn.
This tray is the perfect backdrop for your pumpkin cake creation. The handles are easy to grip, so you can carry the cake wherever it needs to go. It’s made of durable melamine, which is stain and chip resistant, as well as dishwasher safe and completely BPA free. The architectural inspiration of the Meeme tray collection is evident in the design of this tray. Featuring clean modern lines with a glossy black finish that complements the rich color of the cake. Nothing says fall like orange and black!
pumpkin spice cake recipe instructions
Why stop at pumpkin spice lattes when you can bring cake into the mix.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste Frosting
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Cake – Preheat oven to 350 F. Line an 8×8-inch pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large bowl, add the eggs, sugar, pumpkin, oil, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and whisk to combine.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and stir until just combined, don’t overmix. Turn batter out into prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula. Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes or until center is set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Set cake aside on a cooling rack to cool completely before frosting it so the frosting doesn’t melt.
- Frosting – To a large bowl (or to the bowl of a stand mixer) add the cream cheese, butter, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, salt, and whisk until smooth and fluffy or beat with an electric mixer (or use the paddle attachment of a stand mixer). Turn frosting out onto cake and spread into a smooth, even, flat layer using a spatula or knife. Slice and serve.