Pumpkin Bread with Craisins Recipe
Pumpkin bread is a classic fall harvest treat, but it is delicious all year round. Kids love it as a snack in their lunches, and adults can spice up their mid-morning coffee break with a slice or two. The craisins just give it a little extra zest and is a gentle reminder that the holidays are not too far away. Zak serving trays are an ideal way to add color and fun when serving this tasty comfort food.
You will love the way your house smells while the bread is baking!
Pumpkin Bread with Craisins Recipe Instructions
pumpkin bread with craisins recipe
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cook Time: 50-60
Yield: 2 loaves
- 3 cups dark brown sugar
- 3 1/2 cups whole wheat or unbleached flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup craisins
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour pans and set aside.
- Put all of the dry ingredients into a bowl and stir with a spoon. Zak happy face spoons are the best for this step.
- Add the last four ingredients and blend on medium speed with an electric mixer.
- When the mixture is smooth, stir in ½ cup of craisins.
- Fill two prepared 9”x5” bread pans 2/3 full with the batter.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.
This post was contributed by Becky Palmer
Becky Palmer, a recently retired teacher, spent 30 years teaching and has a Masters in Education from Gonzaga University. Currently, Becky enjoys time with her 9 grandchildren and lives in Spokane, WA.