Paleo Sugar Cookie Recipe
Happy May Day, everyone! We love spring, with all of its bright colours and pretty sights. We thought that the perfect welcome for spring (and soon summer!) would be to start off on a healthy, but decidedly yummy, foot. That’s why we have made these oh-so-cute paleo sugar cookies.
We know what you’re thinking, we were once right there with you. When we first heard about this paleo sugar cookie recipe, we must admit, we were sceptical – sugar cookies? Paleo? Good? We are proud to report that our scepticism was wildly unfounded and that, yes indeed, these cookies are paleo and good. Try it out for yourself and go outside to celebrate May!
Paleo Sugar Cookie Recipe Instructions
paleo sugar cookie recipe
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 10 servings
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup ghee (butter works fine as a substitute) 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- Do not preheat your oven – timing is based on a cold oven.
- Grind the cashews to flour in a food processor. Add in the coconut flour, sea salt, baking soda and tapioca flour and pulse to combine.
- Add the ghee, vanilla, egg, honey to your food processor mixture and pulse until you have cookie dough.
- Roll out the dough between two pieces of parchment paper and cut the dough with your cookie cutters. We used the Tiny Chef Cookie Baking Set for this step.
- 5. Place them on a cookie sheet with parchment paper and turn on your oven to bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10 minutes. (we burned them the first time, so we started checking the second batch at 5 minute intervals until the cookies looked done).