Kid Friendly Sushi
This is a super fun recipe for kids who like to chop and peel their way to creating their own tasty snack. (parents supervise, of course) Packed with delicious and nutritious fruit, it is fun to make and eat using Zak chopsticks and a bright, colorful Zak plate or tray. Having a party? This treat is ideal for a group. Adjust the ingredients as needed.
Kid Friendly Fruit Sushi Rolls Instructions
Kid Friendly Sushi Recipe
- 1 whole wheat tortilla roll
- 1/2 cup mango, chopped
- 1/2 peach, cut into pieces
- 1/2 apple, cut into pieces
- 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, combine powdered sugar, vanilla and softened cream cheese.
- Spread the cream cheese over the tortilla roll.
- Line a side of the tortilla with the chopped fruit.
- Roll it up tightly and then cut it into pieces.
This post was contributed by Becky Palmer
Becky Palmer, a recently retired teacher, spent 30 years teaching and has a Masters in Education from Gonzaga University. Currently, Becky enjoys time with her 9 grandchildren and lives in Spokane, WA.