Father’s Day Banana Bread Recipe
There are few things that dads like more than breakfast in bed. But getting everything ready before Papa Bear rises early in the morning isn’t always easy. The best solution - make breakfast the night before! And what better treat to serve Dad on his special morning than Banana Bread! Not only is it delicious, it’s easy enough that kids of all ages can help with the cooking and sprinkle the breakfast-in-bed tradition with some added love for their dad. And, best of all, you can get everything ready the night before so that maybe you can sleep in just a little, too!
Plastic wrap the slices or place in a airtight container to maintain its freshness. Not only is this the best banana bread ever, it could be the best treat you give Dad this Father’s Day!!
Father’s Day Banana Bread Recipe Instructions
father’s day banana bread recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until well blended.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla, baking soda, salt, and sour cream.
- In a separate bowl mash the bananas well. Add the bananas and walnuts to the large bowl and mix well.
- Add in the flour last and beat until smooth. Pour mix into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes (I know it?s a long time and it starts smelling AMAZING around 20 minutes?and if Dad happens to be home, he?s sure to know what?s waiting for him in the morning, but that’s okay, it will give him some incentive to stay in bed until you deliver the goodies!).
- Cool loaf in pan for about 10 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.