Easy Easter Cupcakes
The Easter holiday is the perfect time to welcome the renewing season of spring with pretty pastels, decadent baked goods and time spent with family and friends. And perhaps with a bit of chocolate, too. With this easy cupcake recipe using the popular Cadbury eggs, you can do all of these in one delicious batch. Join us in celebrating the warmer weather, trendy pastels and the joys of chocolate!
These easy Easter cupcakes look great served on our bright Confetti Serving Tray. You may want to serve these with a fork to tame the oozing caramel center.
Delicious cupcakes displayed in our colorful reusable Cupcake Holders.
Easy Easter Cupcakes Instructions
easy easter cupcakes recipe with a hidden cadbury egg center
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 18 Servings
What you’ll need:
- 1 box of chocolate cupcake mix
- 1 box of chocolate Jell-O pudding mix
- Cadbury caramel eggs
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Dash of salt
- Food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare the cake mix as directed on the box, adding the box of Jell-O pudding mix.
- Fill the cupcake pan halfway with batter.
- Place an unwrapped Cadbury caramel egg in the center of each cupcake.
- Pour the rest of the batter over the eggs, covering them completely.
- Place them in the oven.
- While the cupcakes are baking, you can start making the frosting.
- Beat room-temperature butter until creamy.
- Add powdered sugar, one cup at a time. Then beat in the rest of the ingredients.
- Add as much food coloring as desired to achieve your target color. We chose a pastel blue for our example and used only a few drops to keep it light.
- Once cooled, top your Easter cupcakes with frosting and enjoy!